It is shocking and heartbreaking to realize the magnitude of elder abuse in California. Elder abuse is a serious issue that affects thousands of individuals every year and can have devastating physical, psychological, and financial consequences for its victims.
Protecting your loved ones from elder abuse should be a top priority, and in this article, we will explore why you need a California elder abuse lawyer. Contact Arias Sanguinetti now to speak to a compassionate and experienced California personal injury lawyer.
What Qualifies as Elder Abuse?
Elder abuse is a serious and distressing issue that occurs far too often. It involves the mistreatment, harm, or neglect of older adults, often by their caregivers or family members.
This form of abuse can take many different forms, including:
- Physical abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Financial exploitation
- Sexual abuse
Elder abuse can happen in various settings, such as nursing homes, assisted living facilities, or even within the victim’s own home.
Elder abuse is a violation of a person’s basic human rights and dignity. It is a betrayal of trust and a heartbreaking betrayal of the loving relationship between the victim and their caregiver. Unfortunately, many cases of elder abuse go unreported or unnoticed, leaving victims vulnerable and isolated.
We’ve Recovered Over
One Billion Dollars For Our Clients
Steps to Take If You Suspect Elder Abuse
If you think your loved one may be a victim of elder abuse, it is vital to take immediate action. Here are the steps you can take to ensure their safety and well-being:
- Observe and document: Pay close attention to any signs or symptoms of abuse you may have noticed. Keep a detailed record of any physical injuries, behavioral changes, or financial discrepancies you observe. This documentation will be valuable if you decide to report the abuse.
- Report the abuse: Contact Adult Protective Services (APS) or local law enforcement to report your concerns. They have the resources to investigate and intervene in cases of elder abuse. Be prepared to provide as much information as possible, including the name and address of the victim, details of the suspected abuse, and any evidence you have gathered.
- Seek medical attention: If your loved one has sustained physical injuries, it is crucial to seek medical attention immediately. This will address their immediate health needs, and medical records can also serve as evidence of abuse.
- Support your loved one: Emotional support is important for victims of elder abuse. Encourage your loved one to open up about their experiences and offer a safe space for them to share their feelings. Let them know that you believe them and are there to support them.
- Consult with an elder abuse lawyer: If you suspect legal action may be necessary, consult an experienced elder abuse lawyer. They can provide guidance on your rights and options, as well as help you navigate the legal process.
California Elder Abuse Lawyer Near Me 310-844-9696
How Can Our Elder Abuse Lawyers Help?
Navigating the complexities of elder abuse cases can be overwhelming, which is why seeking the help of an elder abuse lawyer is essential. Our experienced team protects the rights of elder abuse victims by ensuring that they receive the justice and compensation they deserve.
Guidance and Support
A California elder abuse attorney can provide valuable guidance and support throughout the entire legal process. They will start by evaluating your case and gathering evidence to build a strong argument on your behalf. This can include medical records, witness testimonies, and other relevant documentation proving the abuse occurred.
If your case cannot be resolved through pre-litigation, our attorneys will file a lawsuit on your behalf. Our elder abuse lawyers will represent you in court and advocate for your rights, skillfully presenting your case to a jury, and working to hold the abuser accountable for their actions. Our experience in elder abuse law and familiarity with California’s legal system will ensure your case is handled with the utmost professionalism and care.
Understanding Your Rights
Additionally, a California elder abuse lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options. We will explain the various legal remedies available to you, such as filing a civil lawsuit or pursuing criminal charges, guiding you through the process, providing advice and answering any questions or concerns you may have.
Compassion and Empathy
Beyond legal assistance, an elder abuse lawyer can also provide emotional support. We know that elder abuse can have a traumatic impact on victims and their families, and our team of lawyers and staff are trained to provide a compassionate and empathetic approach to your case…
Seeking Compensation After Elder Abuse
After enduring the devastating impact of elder abuse, victims deserve to be compensated for the damages they have suffered. Compensation can help ease the financial burden and provide some measure of justice.
Elder abuse victims have legal remedies available to seek compensation, such as filing a civil lawsuit against the abuser. This allows victims to pursue monetary compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial harm they have endured. Settlement or verdict conditions that require policy changes can create impactful change if the abuse occurred within a skilled nursing facility or medical center.
Additionally, pursuing criminal charges against the abuser can contribute to their accountability. Holding abusers responsible through legal means benefits individual victims and helps prevent future cases of elder abuse.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact an Elder Abuse Lawyer in California Now
In the face of the shocking truth about elder abuse, taking action to protect your loved ones is essential. Seeking the help of a California elder abuse lawyer from Arias Sanguinetti can provide the necessary support and guidance to navigate the complex legal process.
By holding abusers accountable and advocating for justice, we can work towards a society where all elderly individuals are protected from the devastating effects of abuse. Contact us now to get a free consultation.