A “personal injury” occurs when a person suffers bodily harm from an accident or injury caused by negligence. Accidents resulting in personal injuries can end in fatalities or injuries that can affect victims for a lifetime.
At Arias Sanguinetti | Trial Lawyers, we represent personal injury victims and families who have been harmed in accidents caused by negligence. If you have been injured or have lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer from our firm could help you obtain financial compensation.
What Types of Los Angeles Personal Injury Accident Cases do We Handle?
No matter the type of personal injury case, an Arias Sanguinetti lawyer is dedicated to helping you receive compensatory damages for your injuries and losses. Our firm will help with a wide range of practice areas, including:
- Construction defects
- Construction accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Intentional acts like assault or battery
- Exposure to pollution, mold, chemicals, lead, or other environmental pollutants
- Food poisoning
- Medical malpractice
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
- Slip and falls
We also help with motor vehicle accidents, including:
Recovering from an injury is both physically painful and emotionally exhausting. At Arias Sanguinetti, our accident lawyers are dedicated to providing the support and legal guidance you need during this difficult time.
We’ve Recovered Over
One Billion Dollars For Our Clients
What Can Be Considered Negligence in a Los Angeles Personal Injury Claim?
Although there are various theories of liability for personal injury, many injury claims occur because someone has been careless or negligent. Negligence is a failure to behave with “reasonable care under the circumstances.”
To successfully prove negligence in your personal injury case, you must be able to prove four things:
- Duty of care: The person who caused your injury owed a duty to you to avoid acting carelessly under the circumstances.
- Breach of duty: The person who owed this duty to you acted carelessly under the circumstances.
- Causation: This person’s negligence caused your injuries.
- Damages: Because this person owed you a duty of care and acted carelessly, you suffered an injury and incurred damages. In legal terms, your injury and any other losses you obtained from the injury (such as medical care expenses or reduced paychecks) are called “damages.”
All elements listed above must be proven to recover damages for your accident. For help proving your legal claim, consult an attorney from our firm. Our team understands California negligence laws and has the experience to present your case effectively to obtain fair compensation.
Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 310-844-9696
Potential Damages in a Personal Injury or Wrongful Death Case
As an accident injury victim, you may be entitled to various damages for your harm. Economic and non-economic damages can help compensate you for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. Here are damages you could recover in a personal injury lawsuit:
- Medical expenses: This can include ambulance transportation, emergency room treatment, surgery, hospitalization, and ongoing medical care costs related to your injuries.
- Lost wages: If you had to miss work due to your injuries, you could recover your lost income.
- Pain and suffering: This includes the physical pain and emotional stress you experienced due to your injuries.
- Property damage: If your property, such as your vehicle, was damaged in the accident, you may be able to recover the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Loss of consortium: If your injuries have affected your relationship with your spouse or partner, you may be able to recover damages for the loss of companionship, affection, and support.
By working with our experienced lawyers, you could maximize the monetary compensation available for your injuries.
Why Should You Work With a Personal Injury Law Firm?
If you were injured in an accident, hiring our legal team to help you navigate the legal system and seek compensation is important. An injury lawyer has the experience and expertise to manage your case and help you in the following ways:
- Provide legal advice: An injury lawyer can advise you on the legal process and what to expect during your case.
- Gather evidence: Your lawyer will gather evidence to support your claim, including medical records, police reports, and witness statements.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Insurance companies will likely try to settle for a lower amount than you deserve; however, our injury lawyers will negotiate on your behalf to ensure you get the compensation you’re entitled to.
- Represent you in court: If your case goes to trial, an attorney from our firm will represent you and fight for your rights.
- Help you focus on recovery: Our personal injury lawyers will take care of the legal process while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer from Arias Sanguinetti | Trial Lawyers can greatly benefit you and your case. Our team has the knowledge and experience to help you obtain monetary compensation and will alleviate the stress of navigating the legal system on your own.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Personal Injury Law Firm in Los Angeles Now
Contact our personal injury lawyers today if you have suffered an injury due to another person’s negligence or misconduct. A Los Angeles personal injury lawyer at Arias Sanguinetti will oversee any discussions or negotiations with the insurance company about your case and will represent your interests.
Allow us to guide you throughout the injury claim process and point you in the right direction. Don’t hesitate to contact Arias Sanguinetti | Trial Lawyers today to discuss how our experienced attorneys in Los Angeles will help you gain maximum compensation for your losses.