Accidents can occur when you least expect it. While drivers have a responsibility to practice safe driving habits behind the wheel, it is impossible to control the actions of other drivers on the road. While many drivers assume car accidents are not something that would ever happen to them, the odds are higher than they would hope. Unfortunately, there are over six million car accidents reported in the United States each year. While not all car accidents are deadly, those involved in an accident may be left with significant and life-altering injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident, it is important to partner with a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer to get assistance with the appropriate steps to take following the accident, including filing an insurance claim.
Arias Sanguinetti Wang & Team, LLP is an award-winning team of Los Angeles auto accident injury lawyers. With over 35 years of experience, our team are able to provide our clients with the trusted legal counsel needed to navigate the California legal system and the claims process.. Our skilled legal team may be able to provide you and your family with the dedicated representation needed to help you pursue the maximum financial compensation that may be owed to you.
Common Types of Los Angeles Car Accidents
Car accidents may occur in many different ways, and while it may be impossible to control what other drivers do on the road, you may be able to try and avoid them if you are aware of some of the more common automobile accidents that occur.
- Rear-end collisions: When a driver crashes into the back of another, victims may suffer serious injuries even if the car was not driving at high speed. This type of collision is typically caused by distracted driving, sudden stops, or tailgating.
- Sideswipe collisions: When a vehicle is merging into another lane and the driver does not properly check their blind spot first, they may hit the side of another vehicle in that lane.
- Head-on collisions: When another driver directly hits the front of another car, victims may be badly injured. This type of collision is often caused by lane swerving, drunk driving, running a red light or distracted driving.
- T-bone collisions: Also known as intersectional collisions, these accidents occur when one or both vehicles do not obey a traffic signal in an intersection and collide with one another.
No matter how your car accident occurred, having the help of an experienced car accident lawyer may be helpful when beginning the process of filing your insurance claim.
We’ve Recovered Over
One Billion Dollars For Our Clients
What Causes an Automobile Accident?
Whenever you get behind the wheel of an automobile, it is crucial that you stay aware and alert of your surroundings in order to remain safe. Unfortunately, some drivers do not practice the same safe driving habits that you do. When a driver is negligent on the road, they may cause an automobile accident, thereby causing someone to become seriously injured. The following are some of the most common causes of automobile accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Hazardous weather
- Not checking blind spots
- Debris in the road
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Not obeying traffic laws or signals
If you were injured in an automobile accident caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive financial compensation for the losses you suffered.
Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 310-844-9696
Damages You May Be Eligible For If Injured in an Automobile Accident
When you are injured in an automobile accident caused by someone else’s negligent acts, you may be entitled to receive financial compensation for your losses in the form of damages. The damages you may be eligible for include:
- Medical expenses: Automobile accident victims may incur costly medical expenses such as medical treatment, doctor visits, and physical therapy. These medical expenses may also include the cost of future medical care and expenses.
- Lost wages: After being injured, victims may be unable to work for an extended time, causing them to miss work without pay.
- Lost earning potential: When a car accident injury leaves a victim disabled and/or unable to work in the future, they may not be able to do the tasks required of their job. This may result in them no longer being able to earn the same amount of money they once earned.
- Property damage: Automobile accidents often result in extensive damage to a victim’s vehicle and/or other personal property. These damages may be expensive to fix or may result in the victim needing to replace the damaged property altogether.
- Pain and suffering: A victim’s injuries may be physical and/or emotional. Thus, you may be entitled to recover compensation for all the pain and suffering endured.
Our team of Los Angeles personal injury lawyers will be able to help you understand what damages you may be eligible to collect based on the details of your claim.
Partner With Experienced Los Angeles Car Accident Injury Attorneys
When an automobile accident occurs, the moments following the crash may be stressful and frightening. Victims may be left wondering what to do next, but when it comes to filing an insurance claim, our experienced lawyers are here to take the stress off of that decision as you heal from your injuries.
Arias Sanguinetti Wang & Team, LLP is a full service litigation firm with an emphasis in personal injury claims resulting from automobile accidents. Our team of Los Angeles auto accident personal injury attorneys can help to ensure that you have submitted the strongest insurance claim possible. Our skilled legal team is proud to offer our clients over 35 years of experience and the award-winning representation they deserve. For a free consultation, contact us here or call (310) 844-9696.