Las Vegas has a diverse population, but that doesn’t mean everyone is accepting of others. When discrimination encroaches on your workplace the law provides legal options for seeking damages. Our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers serve as advocates who fight to elevate your voice, demand respect, and secure justice.
If you or someone you know is facing harassment, discrimination, or retaliation, you need the trusted guidance of an Arias Sanguinetti Las Vegas personal injury lawyer with decades of experience. Our law firm has empowered victims to push back against the forces that fight to stifle them.
From subtle remarks to full hate, no infringement on your rights goes unanswered. With compassion and grit, we will take on any organization that promotes exclusion.
What Constitutes Illegal Discrimination in Las Vegas?
Illegal discrimination occurs when biased mistreatment in the workplace denies someone’s fundamental civil rights. Legal action may be taken in response to the various forms of discrimination. Discrimination may manifest itself in any of the following ways:
Race discrimination involves unfair treatment based on someone’s race, skin color, or ethnic characteristics. No one should be demeaned or disadvantaged because of their racial or ethnic background.
Age discrimination occurs when employers stereotype applicants or workers based on their age and take action to remove workers from jobs, deny opportunities or refuse accommodations. Experience should be valued, not used as an excuse to push older workers out.
Disability discrimination excludes capable individuals from opportunities by ignoring their abilities and focusing on their disabilities, or refusing to make reasonable accommodations for workers.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) provides employer responsibilities which prohibit discrimination against job seekers with disabilities and require accommodations be made that do not create “undue hardship.”
Discrimination on the basis of sex occurs when gender or gender identity is factored into hiring processes, compensation rates, and/or career advancement opportunities. Workplace decisions made based on stereotypes or biases are illegal.
Religious discrimination punishes employees for their beliefs, clothing, diet, or other observances outside of work, or not providing workplace accommodations for employees that require them. Respect for diversity allows everyone to thrive.
National origin discrimination derives from place of birth or ethnicity and ignores merit. Accents, dress, language, and customs may attract bigoted mistreatment.
If you are experiencing any of the following forms of discrimination or others, like retaliation or unfair hiring practices, speaking with a member of our team can help you decide what your next steps could be. Together, we can promote equal treatment under the law by holding perpetrators of illegal hiring and employment practices accountable for their actions legally and financially.
We’ve Recovered Over
One Billion Dollars For Our Clients
What to Do If You’re Experiencing Discrimination in Nevada
Discrimination comes in many forms, some subtle and some blatant. No matter how covert this form of mistreatment shows up, you don’t have to tolerate illegal behavior. The following actions can be implemented to take a stand against the exclusion of rights and provide concrete evidence to help your claim:
- First, document every incident in detail – dates, times, locations, names of perpetrators, and any witnesses. Verifiable proof helps prove discriminatory patterns.
- Report unfair treatment immediately to a supervisor, human resources, or your union representative. Follow up any verbal complaints with an email or letter to create a paper trail.
- Consult a discrimination attorney. As your legal advocate, we can investigate your claim, explain your rights, and guide you through filing a formal charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or state agency.
Stand up to bias by contacting a skilled discrimination lawyer in Las Vegas. With legal backing, your voice will be heard and your rights vindicated.
Las Vegas Discrimination Lawyer Near Me 310-844-9696
Recoverable Damages Available in a Discrimination Lawsuit
Discrimination often leads to financial hardship, but with proof and an experienced employment attorney on your side, you will have the key components to a successful discrimination case. As the victim of discrimination, you may be entitled to compensation for a wide range of damages. These might include:
- Back Pay: This includes any lost wages, salary, bonuses, commissions, tips, and benefits like vacation time and pension contributions you missed out on due to discrimination.
- Front Pay: If you can’t return to your prior position, front pay compensates you for expected future earnings losses over a reasonable time period until new employment can be found.
- Compensatory Damages: These account for more subjective losses like emotional distress, pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, harm to reputation, and other impairments suffered due to discrimination.
- Punitive Damages: Designed to punish and deter in cases of particularly egregious discriminatory actions, punitive damages require showing intentional malice or reckless indifference to your civil rights.
- Attorney’s Fees and Costs: Provided the case meets statutory requirements, the court can order the employer to pay all reasonable attorney’s fees and litigation costs expended in pursuing your claim.
- Injunctive Relief: This requires the employer to take specific actions to stop ongoing discrimination and correct its effects, such as reinstatement, policy changes, training, and monitoring.
Monetary compensation coupled with required employer reforms can deliver justice for workplace discrimination. The sooner you get an attorney, the faster we can maximize these remedies.
Get Legal Help from a Las Vegas Discrimination Lawyer Today
With Arias Sanguinetti | Trial Lawyers, you will experience our highly-rated legal support from a compassionate team of Las Vegas discrimination attorneys who want nothing more than to see you win.
When you are ready to discuss your case in full, contact us to schedule a free case review.