Have you been injured, lost your home or business, and/or lost property due to a wildfire? If so, you may be entitled to compensation. Experiencing loss from a wildfire can be a traumatizing and cause extreme uncertainty. After a devastating loss, you may be wondering what you should do next.
Ahead, we’ll discuss why you should hire a wildfire recovery attorney and what’s important for you to consider when deciding who to hire. Hiring an attorney who specializes in wildfire recovery is as easy as picking up the phone. If you feel like you may have a valid claim, contact Arias Sanguinetti | Trial Lawyers today.
Why Hire a Wildfire Recovery Attorney?
Wildfires have become far more devastating in recent years, leaving massive amounts of destruction and loss in their wake. After losing loved ones, homes, businesses, and other personal possessions, it can be confusing to understand how to recover and move forward. One of the best things you can do in the initial aftermath of a wildfire is to hire an attorney to help you navigate the recovery process.
We’ve Recovered Over
One Billion Dollars For Our Clients
Why Do I Need a Wildfire Recovery Attorney?
With the increasing occurrence of wildfires, more people are faced with the dilemma of whether to file a wildfire lawsuit than ever before.
Often, these wildfires are not mere natural “acts of God.” Many of these wildfires are negligently caused by various individual entities and wildfire victims may be entitled to recover compensation from those responsible.
However, many people may be hesitant to hire an attorney and file a lawsuit because they are unfamiliar with the legal process. Additionally, many people may not understand whether or not they even have a claim in the first place.
It is greatly beneficial to hire a wildfire recovery attorney soon after a wildfire for a number of reasons:
- To assess whether you have a potential claim.
- To help navigate complex insurance coverage issues.
- To gather evidence into the cause and origin of the wildfire.
- To access the expertise of various expert witnesses needed to support a wildfire lawsuit.
- To begin properly documenting your losses.
How Do I Know if I Have a Claim?
If you aren’t sure whether you have a claim due to wildfire losses and don’t know where to start, you should speak with a wildfire attorney for guidance. For example, while you may think that you do not have a viable wildfire claim that you could bring to court, a wildfire recovery attorney might see otherwise.
It is important to know whether you have a viable claim so you know what to do now to help litigate your claim. This may include gathering evidence, documenting your losses, and more.
Click to contact our abogados de lesiones personales today
What Should I Do Now?
There are a number of things you should do now to protect your interests, even before you make the decision to hire a wildfire recovery attorney:
- Gather any available evidence of lost property: This may include pictures of your home or items, records of the value of items, and any other supporting documents you still have in your possession.
- Review your insurance coverage policies: Be sure you are familiar with you current insurance coverage policies to understand what you are presently entitled to upon making an insurance claim.
- Begin to make a list of your losses & damages: As time passes, it can often be more difficult to recall everything that was lost in a wildfire. As soon as you’re able to following a wildfire, start writing down everything you can recall that was lost in the fire. This could include family heirlooms, appliances, vehicles, and more. The more detailed you can be in documenting this information, the better a wildfire attorney will be able to assist you in evaluating and litigating your claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Should I Handle Insurance Claims?
Having a wildfire attorney representing you can ease the process of navigating complex insurance coverage issues. A wildfire attorney can help advise you of the necessary documents and information to submit for an insurance claim. It also reduces the time and energy you need to spend navigating the insurance claims process.
Many homeowners and renters are underinsured, which means that wildfire victims will not receive all they are entitled to from home and other property losses via an insurance claim. Further, insurance coverage policies often do not cover the full range of losses and damages sustained during a wildfire.
In the unfortunate event your insurance coverage gives you pushback during the claims process, having an experienced wildfire attorney can help ensure you receive the payment that you are entitled to. At Arias Sanguinetti, our attorneys can assess your claims and determine if your insurance is acting in bad faith.
How Often Will My Attorney Contact Me?
One of the key components of an attorney-client relationship is communication. You want to trust that you can get ahold of your attorneys and their team when you have questions. Be sure that you are hiring a wildfire recovery attorney that is going to be responsive to your communications throughout the case.
At Arias Sanguinetti | Trial Lawyers, we understand that starting over is an incredibly difficult and draining process. Let our experienced wildfire attorneys guide you through the insurance claims and litigation processes and help get you and your family back on track.