Norton R. Townsley is Of Counsel to Arias Sanguinetti Wang & Torrijos LLP. He practices mainly in the area of patent and trademark prosecution.
Before beginning his practice as a patent attorney, he worked for over 25 years in the Southern California aerospace industry.
Mr. Townsley is experienced with chemicals, fiberglass, plastics, adhesives, metal cleaning, metal finishing, standard hardware, materials testing, technical management, building trades, mechanical devices, electrical devices, and computer technology and programming.
Born in England, Mr. Townsley earned his Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from the University of California at Los Angeles and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of West Los Angeles.
Mr. Townsley is admitted to the State Bar of California, licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and is also a California Licensed Professional Engineer and trained as a mediator. He was a founding member of Belasco, Jacobs and Townsley, LLP.
- “Inorganic Treatments for Magnesium,” presented at American Electroplaters and Surface Finishers Society (AESF) Technical Conference, June 1977.
- “Application of Statistical Process Control to Gold Plating,” (coauthor) presented at AESF Technical Conference, June 1986.
- “Statistical Process Control in Gold Plating,” (coauthor) presented at Hughes Variability Reduction Symposium, June 1989.
- “INTEL V. ULSI: A recipe for avoiding liability for patent infringement?”, UWLA Law Review, Volume 25, March 1994.
- “Solutions to a New Pitfall in Licensing and Cross-Licensing Agreements”, Spectrum, Decision Resources, Inc., November 7, 1995.
- “Israel Joins Patent Treaty”, Bridges, The Newsletter of the California Israel Chamber of Commerce, September/October 1996.
- Previously Volunteer Mediator for the Los Angeles County Superior Courts