Kate Harvey-Lee is a senior trial lawyer at Arias, Sanguinetti, Wang & Torrijos and focuses her practice on complex litigation involving catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death, with particular emphasis on commercial transportation accidents involving buses and trucks. She has over 16 years of experience handling difficult complex cases and has been instrumental in the resolution of hundreds of matters, either by trial, arbitration or settlement, resulting in many millions of dollars in recovery for her clients.
She was recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising star from 2005-2014 and as a Super Lawyer every year since 2014, and she has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® every year since 2013. She has also been named to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers list and the Nation’s Top One Percent of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
Kate earned her undergraduate degree with University Honors in Fine Arts from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and her law degree from Whittier Law School, where she graduated summa cum laude.
Ms. Harvey-Lee is the 2018-2019 Chair of the Bus Litigation Group of the American Association of Justice, and a member of the Executive Committee since 2015.
● American Association for Justice Bus Litigation Group, Chair (2018-2019), Executive Committee (2015 – 2018)
● American Association of Justice (Member Leader’s Forum 2012 – present); Trucking Litigation Group (2013 – present); Bus Litigation Group (2013 – present)
● Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (Member 2002 – present)
● Consumer Attorneys of California (Member 2012 – present)
● Avvo.com Superb Score 10 out of 10
● The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 – 2018
● Selected to: Southern California Super Lawyers® – Rising Star, 2005 – 2008
● Selected to: Southern California Super Lawyers® 2014-2018
● The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
● Nation’s Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
● Law School Moot Court Honors Board
● Law School Trial Advocacy Honors Board
● American Jurisprudence Awards for the top grade in Torts and Legal Skills
● Cali Excellence Awards for the top grade in Evidence, Juvenile Law, and Public Interest Law
● Southern California Defense Counsel Scholar for Top Performance in Torts & Legal Writing
Classes and Seminars:
● Nuts and Bolts of Litigating School Bus Cases, American Association of Justice (AAJ) School Bus Safety Webinar – January 2018
● School Bus Wrecks—When Safety Doesn’t Come First, American Association of Justice (AAJ) 2016 Annual Convention, Los Angeles, CA – July 2016
● Bus Litigation from A to Z, Tennessee Association for Justice Trucking Seminar, Nashville, TN – March 2016
● Personal Injury 101: Nuts and Bolts Seminar, Orange County Bar Association, Orange, CA – September 2011
● Put the Brakes on Curbside Bus Abuse, Trial Magazine, February 2013
● Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress: Double Recovery for Negligence? Advocate Magazine, April, 2009
● A Tire Safety Issue that Is Coming of Age (co-authored with Geoffrey Wells), Advocate Magazine, February 2007
● SEI Workshop on Software Configuration Management, Software Engineering Institute Technical Report, ESD-TR-86-209, (CMU/SEI-86-TR-5), 1986